Enabling a rehabilitative approach across the care continuum
For those suffering from injury, illness, or chronic disease, equitable access to quality rehabilitative services will support better patient experience, clinical outcomes, and transitions of care by optimizing the physical, mental and social well-being of individuals.
Building on the work of the Rehabilitation and Complex Continuing Care Expert Panel, the Rehabilitative Care Alliance defines provincial standards for rehabilitative levels of care to provide clarity for patients, families, and referring professionals to better understanding which services are available and appropriate for individuals. The Alliance also supports system capacity planning for those who need rehabilitative care.
Building on the work of Access to Care in the South West LHIN
and ongoing efforts to align and strengthen complex continuing care and rehabilitation services in the South West LHIN, efforts within the LHIN will align to provincial rehabilitative directions as well as specific local needs.
Together with the LHIN, system partners will:
- Develop a clinical services plan for rehabilitative care and a rehabilitative performance dashboard.
- Implement provincially standardized definitions and eligibility criteria for bedded rehabilitation.
- Develop an Evidence Informed Bedded Rehabilitation Capacity Plan.
- Continue to implement coordinated access to rehabilitative services.
- Plan and implement the provincial assess and restore framework.
- Spread the South West Falls Prevention Strategy.