French Language Services Toolkit
It is our hope that through the use of the toolkit, our French designated and identified health service providers will use the information to provide even better care to our Francophone residents, through the delivery of culturally sensitive care.
The Erie St. Clair and South West Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) are proud to provide you with this French Language services (FLS) Toolkit.
The toolkit supports designated and identified health service providers in implementing and delivering quality services in French, as per their mandate. It is also a useful resource for other health service providers in meeting the needs of their patients/clients.
The toolkit offers:
- An overview on a variety of subjects related to the delivery of services in French
- Useful information and practical tools to make delivery of services in French as easy as possible
- Basic information on: the Francophone community, active offer of French language services, implementation of French language services, human resources, training, translation and interpretation, supporting legislation and thehealthline.ca.
- A list of resources
- Flyers and fact sheets produced by outside organizations to complement the information provided. F
- Badges, lanyards and signs to promote delivery of services in French. (Additional quantities of these items are available through your LHIN’s French Language Services Coordinator.)
Other French language resources
Download the toolkit by section