If you have an issue, first, talk to your care coordinator
Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss your complaint. Your Care Coordinator is familiar with your situation and wants to hear what is going well for you and what can be improved. Your Care Coordinator will work with you, your family, or your caregiver to respond to your complaint. Most patient complaints are successfully resolved at this level.

Speak with our patient relations department
If, after speaking with your Care Coordinator, your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to one of our Patient Relations Advisors by calling 519-473-2222 (1-800-811-5146) and asking for the Patient Relations department. Or, you can email SW.FEEDBACK@LHINS.ON.CA

For concerns about our funded health service providers, please email the following to: SW.FEEDBACK@LHINS.ON.CA


About other Health Services Providers - If you have a compliment, concern or complaint about a health care service other than home care, please contact Ontario Health: 

Adam Roffel - Risk, Issues Management and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist

1-888-310-8881  x7360   |


Protecting your privacy 

If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, we may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.  If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.

Please provide your consent by completing one of the following consent forms:

  • Consent by Individual (FR)
  • Consent by Substitute Decision Maker (FR)
  • Consent by Third Party (FR)

    Listening to your feedback helps guide our work 

    Our complaint process provides people the opportunity to express a concern or give feedback and ensures follow-up that helps identify potential systemic issues.

    Your feedback will be:

    • Received with courtesy and recorded accurately
    • Acted upon promptly and fairly
    • Confidential and protected

    Patient Ombudsman

    The Patient Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals and long-term care homes.

    Ontario Ombudsman

    The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public sector bodies. The Ontario Ombudsman does not investigate hospitals or long-term care homes.

    FOI Requests

    Request Form for requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

    The Health Care Consent Act

    The Health Care Consent act is an Ontario law regarding the capacity to consent to treatment.

    Long-Term Care Action Line

    In addition to our internal process for dealing with patient concerns and complaints, you also have the option of contacting the Long-Term Care Action Line, a service provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care at 1-866-876-7658, or online at: