Feedback and concerns

One of the core values that guides our work across the South West LHIN is listening to your feedback. The South West LHIN's complaint process provides people with a means of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive.

The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues. The South West LHIN is committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner. A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will:

  • Be received with courtesy and recorded accurately
  • Be acted upon promptly and fairly
  • Be confidential and protected.

We want to hear from you

Home and community care services

​We welcome your feedback on home and community care services including care concerns and complaints.

To provide any type of feedback, please contact your Care Coordinator directly.

If you have a specific complaint about your care and the service we are providing, please follow the steps below to ensure a prompt response. We strive to resolve patient complaints informally, whenever possible.

  1. Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss your complaint. Your Care Coordinator is familiar with your situation and wants to hear what is going well for you and what can be improved. Your Care Coordinator will work with you, your family, or your caregiver to respond to your complaint. Most patient complaints are successfully resolved at this level.
  2. If, after speaking with your Care Coordinator, your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to his or her manager.      
  3. If, after speaking with a manager, your complaint remains unresolved, you may request a formal review. The manager will inform you how to proceed with a formal review.   
  4. Following the formal review process, if you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you have the right to appeal that decision to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board, if it concerns your eligibility for service, the type or amount of service you receive, or why services were discontinued.

Health Services Appeal and Review Board

151 Bloor Street West, 9th Floor

Toronto, Ontario  M5S 1S4

(416) 327-8512


LHIN-funded health service providers

If you wish to contact the South West LHIN to file a complaint, concern, or feedback related to a health service provider the South West LHIN funds there are several ways of doing so:

  • Phone: 1-866-294-5446
  • Email:  
    • When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you address the following questions:
      • What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
      • What is your concern?
      • Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
      • What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
    • Please also provide:
      • Your name
      • City/town
      • Phone number
      • Your permission for the SW LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.
      • Your understanding that the information you provided may be used by the SW LHIN to address your specific concern.
  • Fax: 519-672-6562

Patient Ombudsman

The Patient Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals and long-term care homes.

Ontario Ombudsman

The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public sector bodies. The Ontario Ombudsman does not investigate hospitals or long-term care homes.

Regulated Health Professionals

All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges”. If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you will need to contact the appropriate College. Click on Regulated Health Professionals for information.

FOI Requests

Request Form for requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

The Health Care Consent Act

The Health Care Consent act is an Ontario law regarding the capacity to consent to treatment.

Protecting Your Privacy

If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, the South West Local Health Integration Network and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.  If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.

Please provide your consent by completing one of the following consent forms: